Giles Dixon has many years’ experience as a solicitor in commercial, construction, infrastructure and energy projects, primarily in the drafting and negotiation of documentation.
During his career he lived for some 12 years overseas, mainly in the Gulf, and has worked as an in-house lawyer as well as in private practice. He was a partner with a City law firm in London from 1989, when he returned to England after eight years in the UAE, until May 2002 when he established his own legal consultancy.
May 2002 – present
Owner-Manager of Giles Dixon Law Firm and director of ContractStore.com
1995 to April 2002
Partner, Nabarro Nathanson, involved in domestic and international non-contentious construction and engineering projects, including PFI, energy and infrastructure.
1989 to 1995
Partner, Turner Kenneth Brown.
Joined TKB to head up their Construction Department in 1989. Worked on a range of UK and international projects during this period including LNG, methanol and MTBE projects in the Gulf and power projects and general construction in the UK.
Turner Kenneth Brown merged with Nabarro Nathanson in 1995.
1981 to 1989
Based in the UAE – Four years as in-house Counsel with Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Company (whose shareholders were BP, Mitsui, Total and ADNOC) and four years as Managing Partner of Fox & Gibbons in Dubai where a wide range of commercial, banking and engineering and energy work was undertaken.
He qualified as a solicitor after reading law at Oxford University (New College) where he obtained his M.A.
- founder and director of The ContractStore Limited, a company which sells templates contracts online
- a trustee of Turner’s House Trust , a charity that restored and manages as a museum the house in Twickenham designed and built by the artist JMW Turner
- a non-executive director of BKW Trustee Company Ltd
- a member of The Law Society
- Co-author of the JCT Constructing Excellence Contract, first published in 2007
- Co-author of Exporting Made Easy
- Contributed chapter on international construction for Schmitthoff on the Law of International Trade
- Co-author with Sharon of Business Terms & Conditions e-kit